Imagine using your skills as a data scientist to save lives
— To change patient outcomes around the world
— To forever alter the way we approach diagnosis
Come join our team at CureMetrix and you will be a part of the team working to change the world. We have developed a unique and powerful algorithm that we are using to explore medical images to seek out early and accurate detection of cancer and other anomalies. We are looking for a few amazing data scientists to join our team and help us invent, innovate, and apply the most advanced techniques ever developed.
If the job description below describes you and the teaser above inspires you, please contact us . Recruiting@CureMetrix.com
— And we are in San Diego where it will be 70 and sunny today!
- Ability to read, evaluate, and prototype techniques described in scientific papers in data mining and computer vision
- Experiment, evaluate, develop, and implement new algorithms
- Ability to solve tough problems, come up with new solutions, and work independently as well as in a group.
- Be able to take ownership of projects on data mining, from collecting the data, meeting with clients to learn about their problem, and create models for them.
- Be a quick learner, be startup minded, and have the ability to apply the techniques to diverse types of data and fields.
- Conduct academic and market research to stay abreast and ahead of trends in all areas that pertain to our core and peripheral technologies.
- Help assess and communicate risks associated with technology-related strategies and approaches
- Where necessary, oversee and develop patenting of intellectual property, inventions, and business processes.
- Masters or Ph.D in Computer Science or related field with significant experience in data mining algorithm development and software engineering. Experience in computer vision and deep learning are a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in machine learning; preferably with application in medical or life sciences
- Deep knowledge of advanced machine learning techniques, including unsupervised and supervised learning, ensemble learning, support vector machines, optimization, and graphical models.
- Knowledge of vision fundamentals, such as segmentation, tracking, shape modeling, detection, probabilistic inference, and image understanding.
- Knowledge of parallelization schemes is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge implementing cutting edge data mining and data analytics techniques, prediction models.
- Experience in application of such techniques to the financial markets would also be desirable but not required.
- Experience with Matlab programming; experience with ITK, IPP and OpenCV highly desired
- Experience with software engineering including object-oriented design and C++ and C# development using Visual Studio, source code control and bug tracking systems.
- Strong publications in top machine learning or computer vision conferences & journals (e.g. CVPR, TMI, MICCAI, NIPS, IJCV, ECCV, ICCV, PAMI) are a plus.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies and new program development.
- Must be extremely organized, highly motivated self-starter with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.